Wednesday

Recital

On Sunday we got to see all of Little Miss' hard work come together. She had her violin recital. I was trying to hold back my tears. I thought it was just silly hormones, but Kenny admitted he was fighting some back as well. So we are just some big softies :)

You can't tell in the video, but she made it look too easy. She kept looking around as she was playing. Kenny and I thought she would mess up and forget where she was. But she had everything memorized and was like "I got this" and checked out the crowd while she played. It was funny :)



Little Miss has breezed through her Level 1 book, and has amazed many of us. I think she's very talented, but then again, I'm her mom and definitely biased. But I had several people tell me how shocked they were to hear her play. They thought she would do more simple songs than she performed, and kind of muddle through them. She was complimented on her tone, and was told she seems to have a natural talent. I'm very excited for her, and can't wait to see her progress over the next couple years. She has only been playing since September, and the first month, was challenging enough just to learn how to hold the instrument properly. Actually, that first month I think Kenny was worried. I was trying to help her, but several times we both were crying from frustration. It got better after that though. Her teacher is amazing, kind and fun, and we know that lots of her success is because of her awesome teacher. We will be sad to leave her behind, and hope to find someone half as talented as her in Boise.

the whole group
 

her lovely teacher


some of her cute friends


The other thing I want to mention, is how proud I was of the princess. She was throwing up on Saturday night, and was still feeling queasy all of Sunday. But she pushed through, even with all her nerves, and still went to her performance. (I was going to be really sad if we didn't get to see her perform). The other thing I thought was very sweet, she had a hard time when her teacher first mentioned that the recital would be on a Sunday. We had lots of discussion about whether it was an ok thing to do on the Sabbath. She ended up praying about it for herself and felt that it was ok. But I love that she thinks about these things, and tries to be obedient to the commandments. I'm not sure how I was blessed with such a sweet daughter. She truly is amazing!

4 comments:

  1. She is too sweet!! I'm so proud of little miss. Tell her I want to play together when I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and is her book Suzuki? I played all of her songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of that sweetheart! I was very impressed with her skills as I watched the video. That girl is amazing! Love her. :) I'm also very impressed with her Faith to pray about that. :)

    ReplyDelete