Sunday

My birthday

My birthday started on Saturday... with me getting to sleep in and NOT have to go clean the church. Kenny took the kids and I got to rest, which was awesome. And then they surprised me with these beauties! I love them, and feel so special. Then Kenny took lil man on a date, and I relaxed while lil miss watched some tv. Then later we went out to eat at Red Robin. It was a very easy and relaxing day.


he's drinking what's left of my free sundae :)
 
The next day I woke up WAY to early... 4:30, to use the bathroom. I couldn't go back to sleep, and it didn't help that there was a bird outside my window who was ready to be awake for the day and singing it's little heart out. Just as I was starting to doze off again (around 6:30), lil man needed me to wipe him cuz he was having some tummy problems. Not fun. Especially since the smell of toots, and dirty diapers has been the one thing to consistently make me nauseous this whole pregnancy. We finished that up, and I sent him back to bed. But then 2 seconds later, sister was up using the potty, and then they decided to goof off in their bedroom. I kept begging them to go back to sleep, but they wouldn't listen. I pretty much burst into tears. I couldn't believe this is how I was going to start my day. But after that things looked better. They came into my room with daddy a little later and gave me my present (a kindle! which will be great for night time feedings, and not keeping the light on when Kenny's trying to sleep). We slowly got ready for church (we may have missed the 1st hour). Then little miss played her violin in primary, which I absolutely loved. After church I was able to come home and get a nap in. Which was much needed! I was so much more pleasant to be around afterwards, I'm sure. Then we just hung out as a family, and watched the winter storm we were getting. That was a first for me, to have snow on my birthday! It was pretty neat. Kenny and the kids worked on dinner for me. I was very impressed.... they made CafĂ© Rio! Kenny is becoming quite the chef these days. They also made Oreo Pudding, and put all 29 candles on it, which I managed to blow out in one breath! Kody asked me what my wish was (we haven't taught them the you don't tell or it won't come true thing). I told him I wished that Kenny would love me for another year. He laughed and said, of course he's going to do that. I guess he thinks I wasted a wish. My day finished off with a surprise song on the violin, Happy Birthday... she had been keeping it a secret for a few weeks. (youtube and me are still fighting, so I can't get that video to upload. sorry.) It was a fantastic birthday, and this was just what the kids and Kenny did for me. I got lots of texts, phone calls, cards, and gifts. I truly felt blessed and loved by everyone in my life.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent birthday! You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Grace. I love your family so much!

    ReplyDelete